I received an update on Hayley Tarikua's progress along with a new photo. Unfortunately, I cannot post it, but for those of you who are local, I will be happy to show it to you if I run into you. She has a big smile on her face and a doll sitting next to her and she looks happy and healthy.
The update said Hayley Tarikua is 10kg (22 lbs.) and her height is 79cm (31 inches, i.e. 2 ft 7 in.)
Here is the other info that was included:
Food/ Formula/Meal Habits: Tarikua is offered Nido with cerifam and other semi-solid foods.
Sleep Times/Location in Foster Home: Tarikua sleeps in a baby room with other children in the same age range.
General Health and Illness History: Tarikua has made excellent gains in all areas of her growth. We have a new nurse in the Foster Home and her name is Sintayehu.
Other: Tarikua has begun to walk with support and she can stand without support. She repeats vowel-consonant combinations (ex: ba-ba).
I also received a communication that stated that Hayley Tarikua was in the "last checks for visa issuance." We really have no idea what this means. It seems like she has been in this stage for a long time. However I suppose it is better than "initial checks for visa issuance." :)
Tisha