Friday, September 17, 2010

What to do Next?

Well, it seems like it is so difficult to know what to do next. CAFAC (my adoption agency) is really beside themselves with the whole situation. Apparently (and this is second hand information) CAFAC has stopped taking in new business and new fees and is focusing solely on the group of files that are stuck at this last step at Canadian Immigration in Nairobi. The CEO of CAFAC is flying to Ethiopia on Monday to get a better handle on the new documents that are being required and will possibly fly on to Canadian Immigration in Nairobi if she feels it will help. All of this is taking an extreme financial toll on CAFAC which is a non-profit organization.

The families whose files are log-jammed because of these new procedures, are doing as much agitating as they can on the polical front with limited success so far. Discussion amongst the families continues about when is the right time to go to the press. Other ideas are being floated as well.

Again, because my file had errors in it upon submission, I feel like my position is a little weak yet to be taking more drastic measures. The CAFAC CEO has promised that she will find out next week when the corrections to my file arrived in Nairobi. That way I will have a better idea when a reasonable amount of time has passed for Nairobi to have issued Hayley Tarikua's Visa.

Meanwhile I received an e-mail from CAFAC today stating that they have been unable to get an answer from Nairobi about why my file did not receive an update last week along with the rest of the files.

So, what's the bottom line? I don't know... I love figuring out what the bottom line is, but in this situation, it seems there are no answers except to wait patiently.

Tisha