Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Starting to Settle In

Well my mom left on Sunday and I feel like Hayley and I are starting to figure out a routine and starting to communicate a little better. I think the tantrums were largely due to her frustration at not being able to understand anything in her new world and not being able to understand anything that was going on around her. Now it seems the tantrums are mostly happening when she needs a nap.

I went to the library and checked out some books and DVDs designed to accelerate her understanding of English and hopefully we can get her caught up on that front. Everything is a learning process for both of us. I am learning how to do pigtails and fast! before she squirms away. Styling her hair is the only area where I am having limited success. In every other aspect she is absolutely blossoming and I am a proud parent already. We had another bath yesterday and I actually got her to sit and stand in the water. Considering the first experience I had bathing her where she screamed at the top of her lungs from start to finish, I can't believe she has come around so quickly. I even cut her nails yesterday with no problem (I wish my cats were that easy).

There is no question that every day everything we do is one challenge after another (and I am exhausted because of it, yawn), but I feel like Hayley and I are meeting the challenges successfully so far and I feel like things will get a bit easier as the learning curve becomes less steep.

Thanks everyone!
Tisha