Hello All,
Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I am hearing from people that you are actually logging in and reading this, so I will try to be a little better about updating even when there is not much to tell. It has been very helpful to me not to have to talk about the situation and I really appreciate how understanding you all have been.
I spoke at length with the Executive Director of CAFAC (my adoption agency) this week in regard to the serious paperwork errors that were submitted to immigration on my behalf. Other than to say that she was generous with her time, I don't feel comfortable sharing the content of our conversation. Everyone wishes the errors had been found prior to submission, that's for sure.
Canadian immigration in Nairobi visited Ethiopia around the end of July/beginning of August to have meetings with the Ethiopian Ministry of Women's Affairs. The purpose of the trip was apparently to get a better idea of how the adoption process works in Ethiopia. No Visas were issued to CAFAC families in July and my understanding is that they were put on hold until after these meetings.
Now that these meetings are over, the Executive Director of CAFAC informed me that two Visas were issued within the last week, so at least the process has started up again. Just to remind you all, from our side, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order in which immigration issues the Visas. Hayley's paperwork is all corrected and is among the oldest there, but at this point it is still unknown when they will look at it again.
Meanwhile, I have been taking full advantage of another summer of freedom :) I have just finished my third CD "Come Just As You Are" and will send it in for replication next week, hoping to release it in October. I am starting on a new CD project with a very talented Christian vocalist and have been busy working on her arrangements. I have been hiking, cycling, and horse-back riding and otherwise keeping busy.
Thanks again for tuning in.
Much Love,
Tisha